Here's what and who got me through those first weeks:
Shloer - if i drank alcohol i would actually be a wino! (I'm almost on a bottle a day now they are on offer for Christmas)
Hot chocolate and Barley cup with plenty of chocolate biscuits to dunk.2 weeks worth of cooked meals from friends at church (Amazing!)
Ninny (mum), Papa Joey (dad), grandma (ants mum) and Mel (ants sis). William loved having so much attention from you all and talks about you all the time!
Episodes of Downton Abbey and Greys Anatomy during late night feeds
Live at the Apollo comedy (just to keep me sane).
Prayers.
New cosy PJ's..its a psychological thing.
Lansolin nipple cream
Alpa, my amazing midwife and rescuer (she saved me from an evil bout of mastitis catching it
just in time and making sure i got seen to before it set in to bad).
William for being so amazing, for not being jealous or clingy, for making me laugh and loving Anna.
My sister Jo Ann...for making me laugh about it all. Because as she said, 'if you don't laugh, you cry'.
Anna, for being so delightful, for smiling and cooing so early. for looking at me with those big deep knowing wise eyes of yours and making it all feel worth while.
My breaking point came in week two, you know when you haven't slept at all, you hurt all over, you smile through the pain for your toddler and endure through it for your newborn, your hormones are crazy and you are waiting for it to just get a bit better, a bit easier and a bit less painful...then week two came for me and i had the onset of mastitis, I'm not just talking sore boobies (yes i did just use that word), I'm talking flu symptoms, dizziness, aching body, hot and cold sweats....and not being able to cave in because you have to be a mum to a new born....that's when i cracked and had my tearful meltdown...it happened last time, it happened this time...but theres something brilliant about it. Its the point of resolve. Its the point where you cry your river, build ya Brooklyn bridge and get over it. because you have to. you have no choice. so you find the strength you don't have and some how before you know it you are at week 7 and life is really really good. I don't hurt any more, I'm getting sleep (still in three hour chunks but i am not complaining) and I'm learning to juggle!! I can be a mum of two! phew!
Which brings me to my Super Hero. Thank you Anthony. I couldn't have done it without you. Need you more than ever and never loved you more than these last two months.
I love pictures of dad's and newborns! They always look way more wrecked than us mum's do....I'm not sure why though?! lol
ReplyDelete