Sunday, 13 May 2012

2nd May 2012



3 years. 2 kids. 1 brilliant husband.

Don't really know how we got here, some times, when we are all together I take a step back and have a moment where I'm just sort of looking thinking "how did this happen?", "How am I married with two kids?", Our lives seem to have changed so dramatically in a relatively short amount of time. And yet its the most familiar, comfortable and natural feeling in the world to me. Its home in the greatest sense of the word. It feels as if William and Anna have always been there. I cant really remember a life without these people, and I don't exist without them either. Its testimony to me that Families are, and are intended to be, eternal. 



CS Lewis




Well as always Anthony outdid me for our anniversary, he led me to believe it would have to be a regular day as he had to work out late and from work would be going to play football (as he usually does on weds eve). And to be honest I wasn't to bothered about that, Id expected he'd be playing football and just thought we'd mark it some other time in some small way.........However he surprised me Wednesday morn with the fact that I would be going out in the evening and not to cook an evening meal. Well the prospect of actually going, no matter where it was, was enough for me. I was excited all day looking forward to it. Getting ready I asked William what shoes I should wear, and from behind Anthony said "the ones with the bows", this kinda made me feel giddy, since Anthony rarely has an opinion on what I wear. I liked his assertive opinion, made me feel giddy.......we really should go on dates more!............


He took me to a restaurant Iv been wanting to go to for over year but never made the opportunity so I was really pleased with the surprise. The restaurant is Azou and was on "Ramsey's best restaurants" series, coming runner up in the final.
Its a small intimate family run north African restaurant and is barely 5 mins walk from our home. 
I loved the atmosphere, so chilled. We declined the traditional cosy cushioned seats on the floor but regretted it later when we relaxed into the meal (with encouragement and complimentary drinks from the main guy Chris). We soon found ourselves slowly making our way through the courses at the pace intended for this restaurant and food. Don't get me wrong, it was quick service but an encouraged relaxed, "take your time", "savour the food, kinda place.
We spent over three hours easily there, and just enjoyed each others company, the food, the friendly staff and the atmosphere.
Needless to say I could barely walk home!

You can watch Azou in the following link, to get a "taster" of the mouth watering food we had, watch the first few mins, then fast forward to 9 mins....and watch for a few mins. I had a Moroccan lamb dish passed down from his granny! so sweet and tender, lamb just fell to pieces. Delish.




No comments:

Post a Comment