Wednesday, 10 October 2012

In the Summer time when the weather is fine-rain, heavy showers, thunder, light drizzle and the occasional sunny patch.

Leaving the house in shorts and t-shirts, with jumpers, rain coats, pram covers, and umbrellas at the ready got tiring. 
When William asked on a sunny day if we could make a chocolate cake? I made the mistake of telling him we only did things like that when it rains...what a fool!
We did take full advantage of every single sunny day that came our way.
     


We took a few trips to Brighton as Christine and some business down there. Ice Creams,  Candy Floss, Train rides, Donkeys and fish and chips. 

                   




A cold vacated splash pad...looks so sad. So didn't reach its full potential this summer.

Sleep overs with the Kenny cousins. SOOO exciting for William i thought he'd never crash....so glad he has poor josh to follow round and annoy... "JOSH,.. JOSH.. JOSH".
Sophia and William happily playing at the beach for hours whilst
 we sunbathed!

Safari park for  my Birthday Day Out. We went with Shelley and Dan Jones and their two cute kids. Me and Shelley share the same birthday, so I say 'we went with", but what I really mean is "we gate crashed their day out and invited ourselves along!' Either Way I love the Jones' and have so much respect for them and all they do for others.

Virginia Waters 
Love this, looking for rabbits.

"I painted Anna, look...." oh that kind of Anna painting.
Fishing on the river on lazy sunny afternoons. I REALLY LOVE living on this stretch of the river. 


Flying his kite down on Livepool pier head. 

Crabbing, he caught loads With Uncle Jons expert Help!


Warning: proud parent toilet training shout out!
He did it super quick with no fuss and almost none of my fears where realised......oh bar the time I'm shopping for dresses. I'm in a quiet changing room in warehouse, pretty chiffon dress on..and I SMELL something. I do that shouting whisper "William are you doing a poo? HOLD IT IN!!" 
He shouts (at least it felt like that) back in delight "yes mama I'm doin a poo, I'm doin a poooooooo".
I  cover his mouth with my hand "SHUSHHHH, WILLIAM, shut uuuuppp" luckily he'd eaten crap so it was of a more solid consistency - easy to clean up.
About his business in Hyde Park! 
Some times he liked his privacy........


And some times he added his own personal style to it!



So as inspired by my friend, I'm going to share my own celeb stalking story, here it is in all its geekery...

So Our Friends "The Kelly's" shared some ticks for Hampton court food festival with us. The food was amazing and Kelly Girl and I enjoyed "loosing" the Boys and kids and trying all the food.

Whilst sampling some food I recognise Levi Roots. I probably would not usually recognise a guy famous for making sauce but we were at a food festival so in the context my brain put two and two together.
 I shared my discovery with Kelly. And that went something like this.
Me; hey that's Levi Roots
Kelly: who?
Me: The Reggae Reggae Sauce man!
Kelly: oh yer....
By this point he had walked past us and was well on his way hastily down the Isle of food stalls.
Kelly: Go after him!
Me: What? No!
Then Kelly quite assertively commanded "Yes come on go after him...Go on Run, catch him."
So I ran after him? Kelly Lagging behind and getting stuck behind people as she had Anna in the pram.
I catch up to him and look back to see where Kelly is, she's trying to catch up and shouts, 'go on stop him, get a photo'!
So then in an outta breath super scouse accent I shout, 'Hey Levi'. He Turns. 'can we get a photo?'
He hesitates, clearly in a rush to be somewhere, probably doing a show in one of the demo tents.
Levi: "erm , no, I don't really have time" (ooh cringe).
At this point Kelly has caught up and is behind me, hearing his response she says (and this is the funniest part of all)
"oh please, we are BIG  fans"
In my head I'm thinking "what? big fans? big fans? he makes sauces? I mean Iv bought a couple of his sauces but I'm not sure that qualifies me with such a pressured title? we must look like proper saddos'.
However with such big claims, he relents and allows us "one" photo "quickly".
Thats right, us big Levi fans managed to tick him off. He was clearly annoyed and musta known we where calling his bluff.
Anyway, here is that photo that I abandoned my child, chased through a crowd, trodden over, and shoved people out the way to get. 

Levi Roots, A happy photo bomber and his two maniac, BIG FANS!



After this photo, Kelly and I both turned to each other, cracked up laughing "big fans" and huffed about how rude he was, because we were not inappropriate at all.

Ha, Thanks Kelly for the laughs. Cant wait to camp out with you to make sure we get to the front of his next food demo, you do the banners, I'll print the T-shirts...Oh and make sure you bring your autograph book this time, I'm still sad we missed that opportunity.



















No comments:

Post a Comment