Its that time of year again to CRACK open the advent calenders and start the count down to Christmas.
I was reminded of the great importance of the advent calender last night, when myself and some friends popped into PoundLand to grab some sweets for the movie. They were shutting and had stopped letting people in and some teenage girls were begging the security guard to let them in just so they could get an advent calender! The most over-rated chocolate of the year!
The 1st also stands as a bit of a marking point in mine and Anthony's history as it was the 1st of December 7 YEARS ago that we enjoyed a first date...well actually there is a discrepancy there as I believed i was going on a date that night, however Anthony thought we where 'just hanging out' and was oblivious to the fact that it was a date!....in fact come to think of it I have no idea how the heck we ended up together?... A total accident or a total miracle!
Anyway in perfect timing for that Christmassy time of year the snow finally reached London on the first day of December. And last night as i was driving home i decided to indulge myself a bit, taking some detours. And I thoroughly enjoyed driving around London in the snow, enjoying the Christmas lights, listening to Christmas songs on the radio, with the snow falling in to the window screen, looking at people in there hats, scarfs and hunter wellies whilst I'm toasty warm in my car. OOOH Its beginning to feel a lot like Christmas and I love it.





ahhh I love these London pics Lizzy....makes me miss living there. Hope you're still enjoying the snow. XXX
ReplyDeleteOh and whose advent calendar is that at the top? cus you're a week ahead of everybody else! naughty naughty!! :)
ReplyDeletesorry kel, i was lazy and just googled 'advent calander'...but i have eaten all the chocolate out of williams so he just has the little doors to open...maybe i could put a few grapes in there place heha.
ReplyDelete