Back from youth camp and recuperating! I loved it, and loved getting to know the kids better, but i was so happy to come home to my memory foam bed and my shower!
Anthony was with the boys the first half of the week, then came home, and i left, leaving him with William for four days(Anthony certainly appreciates what i do a lot more and I'm milkin' the recognition!).
It was fun doing something different from being William's mum......tiring in a different way but i did accidentally have a 3 hour nap!! absolute magic it was! I went to the car to call Anthony and charge my phone, telling friends id be back in a minute.....waiting for Anthony to return the call i wound the chair back, closed my eyes and BAM 3 hours disappeared! That's probably what got me through the rest of the camp. That and about 10 cups of hot choc a day! (addicted).
I slept in a 2 man tent which was realistically a one man. I was offered a cabin but preferred the option of sleeping on my own to guarantee a better nights sleep. I had it cosy in my tent and slept pretty good but one thing i did not think about was trying to change in such a confined space whilst 7 months pregnant. Their where some interesting noises coming from my tent during those times Ha!
The boys and girls overlapped their camps for two nights so they could have a day together. I was landed with he job of organising their joint activity day (60 kids),and that was a feat and a half!
But i really did love being with the youth. Anthony always comes back from youth camp on a high, he LOVES it, and i get why now....But as much as i loved it, i also LOVED coming home.
Unfortunately I forgot to charge my camera and took no photos...but heres one from facebook. You cant miss supersize me!


No comments:
Post a Comment