Tuesday, 6 September 2011

Jusy what the doc ordered!

From rolling out of a tent one weekend to a four poster bed, hot tubs and massages the next.

I saw an opportunity, cleverly presented it to Anthony and we seized it. I got a last min Spa deal at the stunning ARMATHWAITE HALL HOTEL AND SPA in the Lake District.

The Lakes is without doubt one of my fave retreats in Britain. Beautiful and peaceful. We left William with my mum and dad, and off we went for two glorious relaxing days. The package included a five course meal and a treatment. I got a facial, i never really saw the point of facials but this one actually did leave me feeling relaxed and looking glowing (even Anthony commented!!). I could easily be enrolled in the full on pamper world given the money!

The five course meal was proper fine dinning and I loved being referred to as 'the lady' by the waiter! However our posh meal with stunning lake views and hopping Bunny's in the foreground was quickly brought to an abrupt close. After just the first course Anthony had a bad reaction to something, abruptly leaving me sitting there for a good 20-30 mins at least. I went out to find him and he wasn't well at all so we took the rest of the courses in our room. Anthony would have come off really bad to onlookers, storming off leaving his pregnant wife to eat alone, and then having to watch me stand up and leave alone as well.......iv chuckled a few times about that.

My fave was the out door hot tub, overlooking the gardens brimming with wildlife......we were definitely in Beatrix Potter country!

Its been a really busy summer, and Anthony and I both felt the benefits of some time away on our own.........I want to go back EVERY wknd now!! (sigh).

1 comment: