Dijon was a perfect place to stop off for the night, most of the journey was behind us and we spent the day leisurely walking around the cobbled streets of this medieval french town. The smell of crepes flooded the air, and with a patisserie here and there we took our first opportunity to indulge a little. But how can I come to France and not indulge in my most favourite treat of all, Crepes!The french certainly do a good job at preserving their history, I thought I was on set of Beauty and the Beast and was waiting for the town people to fling open there shutters singing 'bonjour, bonjour, bonjour bonjour bonjour'..........



In fact the french do such a good job at preserving their history even the public toilets are done medieval style! I was welcomed by a hole in the floor when we stopped on the motorway!
Now these things are tricky, you have to seriously squat to ensure your feet are as far away from the hole as possible in order to avoid splash back!! Anyway I have a tip for you, should you ever find yourself faced with this compromising situation, use the disabled toilets. They always have a conventional toilet in those ones! And in all respect to the french, some of their public toilets where immaculate, the self cleaning type. It was just a lucky dip on what you got!

Around every corner there was something new to discover, from the gargoyles on the church of Notre Dame, to The Palace and its square which was typically french and very '3 musketeers!'





My only marker with that we where actually there is Anthony with the pram who randomly turns up on photos...its a bit like wheres wally!
Some superstition....

On the side of the Notre Dame, was a Little owl in the wall, Superstition tells that if you touch the owl with your left hand (the hand closest to your heart) and make a wish, it will come true.
I'm still waiting for my Condo in New York, Log cabin in French alps, Italian lake side Villa complete with Yacht, Beach house in California, London mansion on the River, Ability to speak French, Spanish and Italian fluently and intellectually, Be a published writer and theatre practitioner, with a PHD in something or other, be a size 8 with skin that doesn't break out every month, and be able to buy everything i like the look of in Westfield, do a triathlon whilst 17 weeks pregnant (like friend Laura), Be able to be pregnant with out any symptoms what so ever...actually id be happy to just not be sick (I'm not pregnant by the way but its become a big fear since the last time), be able to time travel to days when people wore ball gowns every day, and also back in time in my own life...to chill and laugh with School friends in my 6th form common room again, diving down to hide under seats from Mr 'say it don't spray it' Welsh, Do a hippie tree hugging kinda abstract theatre class in uni then sit in the park and laugh with uni friends about the randomness that was Rose Bruford....and all those other nostalgic times a past...to just click my fingers and have them at my disposal..........................What? Have I been a Little over ambitious with my wish??
Alas I am content with my little but big on love family, my humble but more than we need lifestyle, and an abundance of fun friends and family that keep me entertained through life. As for the languages and triathlon...well that's something i can work on myself!
I read this post to my co-workers and they laughed so hard. They think you are awesome and have wonderful adventures.
ReplyDeleteI agree to both parts!